We’ve Got a Small Problem
面对失误
A: We’ve got a small problem.
A:我们遇到点儿小麻烦。
B: What’s that?
B:什么问题?
A: It’s the cover page of the new book. The author’s name is spelled wrong.
A:问题出在新书的封面上。作者的名字拼错了。
B: Oh, no. I’ll get that fixed immediately.
B:噢,不会吧。我这就改过来。
A: There’s another problem.
A:还有一个问题。
B: Oh? What’s that?
B:哦?什么问题?
A: The title is missing from the spine.
A:书脊上漏了书名。
B: That’s not good. I will have that changed right now. Are there any other problems?
B:太糟糕了。我现在就去改。还有什么问题吗?
A: Not that I’ve seen. But I do have some real concerns about the rest of the book.
A:目前我还未发现其他问题。但是,对于这本书的其余部分,我确实很担心。
B: I don’t think you have anything to worry about. The cover was done so quickly, I’m not surprised there are a few mistakes on it.
B:我觉得没什么可担心的。封面做得太匆忙,出现一些错误我并不惊讶。
A: That may be true, but I would like to feel confident about the quality of the book.
A:或许是这样,但愿书的质量让人放心。
B: I understand. I will do a final proof myself tonight.
B:我明白。今晚我亲自做最后一次校对。
A: That’s great. I look forward to seeing the final proof.
A:很好,我等着看最后的校样。