被解雇
Be Fired
A: Tom, could you come to my office? I need to talk to you.
A:汤姆,你能到我的办公室里来一下吗?我需要和你谈谈。
B: Sure, I’ll be there as soon as I finish this document.
B:好的,我一弄完这个文件就来。
A: No. Come here right now.
A:不。现在就来。
B: OK, what’s the matter?
B:好吧,什么事?
A: I am sorry to say that we have to let you go, Tom.
A:很遗憾,我们得让你走了,汤姆。
B: Why? I work very hard.
B:为什么?我工作非常努力。
A: Well, you are working hard but not efficiently. And you don’t work well with other employees.
A:这个嘛,你是很努力,但是效率不高。另外,你和其他雇员的工作配合也不太好。
B: Well, some of those other guys are not the same kind I’d like to communicate with, but if that’s important to you, I’ll try to get along with them.
B:嗯,因为那些人里有一些是我不想和他们交流的,不过如果这件事在你看来很重要的话,我会注意与他们相处的。
A: I’m afraid it’s too late. We are downsizing our work force and you’ll have to go.
A:恐怕太晚了。我们正在精简人员,你不得不得走。
B: It’s unfair.
B:这事太不公平了。
A: We can give you the option of resigning rather than being eliminated because it will look better on your resume when you apply for another job if you resign.
A:你可以选择辞职,而不是被终止工作。如果你辞职的话,你再找工作时,简历上这样说明会好看一些。
B: OK. I need to think about that for a while.
B:好吧。我得考虑一会儿。
A: All right, but let me know your decision before the end of the day.
A:好吧,不过要让我在下班之前知道结果。