Offering Assistance
提供帮助
A: Do you have a few minutes for a quick chat?
A:有空聊几句吗?
B: Sure, what’s it about?
B:当然,什么事?
A: Well, I’ve reviewed some of the work you’ve done recently and it’s not quite up to the standard it should be.
A:是这样,我看了看你最近的工作,有一些没有达到应有的水准。
B: I’m terribly sorry about that.
B:我对此非常抱歉。
A: You’ve done better work in the past, so I know you are capable of something more.
A:你过去表现的很出色,所以我知道你有能力做得更好。
B: I appreciate that. I guess I’ve just felt a bit overworked lately. After Emma went on maternity leave, I’ve had to do some of her work in addition to mine.
B:我明白。我想最近我只是有点过度劳累。艾玛休产假之后,除了自己的工作,我还承担了一部分她的工作。
A: I didn’t realize that. Look, we’ve got a replacement starting in two weeks’ time. Why don’t we assess your work again once your workload has shifted?
A:我不了解这个情况。这样,两个星期内会有人来接手你现在的工作。不如在你换了工作后我们再重新对你进行评估怎么样?
B: That sounds good. And in the meantime?
B:可以。那在此期间的工作怎么办?
A: Let’s see if we can give Emma’s projects to someone else.
A:我们看看能否将艾玛的项目交给其他人。
B: That would be really helpful. I appreciate that.
B:那太好了。我感激不尽。
A: Not a problem. Could you send me a list of Emma’s projects so that I can reassign them?
A:没什么。你能给我一份艾玛的项目清单吗?这样我就能重新分派工作了。
B: Certainly. I’ll have that sent to you by lunch time.
B:当然可以。午饭前就把清单给您。
A: Thanks.
A:多谢。